Swanbourne Cellars is a family owned bottle shop and founder member of the Liquor Barons group of independent stores. Located at the heart of Swanbourne Village, we are dedicated to servicing the local community with their favourite wines beers and spirits at competitive prices. Our extensive and eclectic range of both Australian and international wines also attracts customers from around Perth to fossick through the cellar or attend one of our many tasting events. We also stock a wide range of spirits and craft beers from across the world, there’s too many to name so drop in and ask us for advice!
For us, at Swanbourne Cellars, service isn’t just a buzzword. Collectively our management team have over 80 years’ experience in the wine industry. They all have trade qualifications in wine and all part-time staff are encouraged to learn about wine and spirits through external courses and fortnightly educational tastings in-house. The Morgan family bought Swanbourne Cellars in 1992 and have built a small wine store into a Western suburbs icon. While semi-retired the whole family are still involved in the business on a daily basis.
We are proud to know many of our customers by name and hope to make your day just a little easier with our ‘carry-to-car’ service. Let us impress you with our friendly and knowledgeable service.
These are very unique times, but our commitment to keeping you and your loved ones safe will remain a priority of ours, as it always has. We can understand that many of you will be wanting to know what should be done at Swanbourne Cellars in response to COVID-19. The news and directives are constantly evolving however we are currently following the guidelines outlined by the World Health Organisation and local authorities. We know that extra safety measures are required to protect the health and safety of everybody.
We have instituted the following that must be adhered to by all staff:
- Frequent handwashing
- No shaking hands and avoid physical contact with people
- Stay at home and report to healthcare services if you experience cold & flu like symptoms
- Conduct regular disinfecting of frequently touched areas including display fridge door handles and counter tops and take all the appropriate measures to ensuring we are doing as much as we can to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment
- We are no longer accepting cash in the store
- We have added a line as a marker on the floor one metre from the till to ensure social distancing is maintained
Swanbourne Cellars Liquor Barons will continue to provide an experience based on friendship, professionalism and community. We must all operate with a heightened awareness of the above measures and in the best interests of all people within our environment. We understand that due to the current situation you may want to spend less time in store. Therefore, we are happy to help you with your orders over the phone through either our ‘call and collect’ or ‘call and delivery’ service.
As of 25th March, there are now new restrictions on alcohol sales in WA bottle shops. The daily purchasing limits include:
- One carton of beer, cider or pre-mixed spirits; or
- Three bottles of wine; or
- One litre of spirits; or
- One litre of fortified wine; or
Consumers are able to purchase a combination of any two of the above (but not a combination of two of the same product). Click here to view the details on the DLGSC news page.
We want to thank you for your continued support.
Best Sellers & New Arrivals
Our best sellers have included:
- Les Peyrautins Pinot Noir 2018 Pays d’Oc from Languedoc-Roussillon
- Gage Roads Brewing Co Single Fin Summer Ale Dry Hopped & Unfiltered
- Tanqueray London Dry Gin
Our New Arrivals:
- Kaapzicht Chenin Blanc 2019
- Kaapzicht Estate Red (Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon 2016)
- Kaapzicht Pinotage 2017
- Kaapzicht Steytler Pinotage 2017
- Balter ‘Dimples’ West Coast IPA – limited
- Beerfarm Barrel Aged Cranberry & Pineapple Sour – limited
- 4 Pines Dingo Pup – limited
- Beerfarm Watermelon & Basil Sour – limited
- Holgate Blush Wild Berry Sour Ale
- Old Wives Ales Pop’s Passion Tart Gose
- Domaine Michel Voarick Corton-Renardes Grand Cru
- Domaine Michel Voarick Aloxe-Corton
- Domaine Michel Voarick Pernand-Vergelesses
- Domaine Dubreuil-Fontaine Volnay
- Domaine Dubreuil-Fontaine Corton Clos du Roi Grand Cru
- Domaine Dubreuil-Fontaine Pommard Epenots Premier Cru
- Domaine Dubreuil-Fontaine Bourgogne “Notre-Dame de Bonne Espérance”
- Four Pillars Christmas Gin – barrel aged and only made at Christmas time
- Baileys Strawberries & Cream Liqueur (Limited quantities)
- Blasta Brewing Co – a range of beers (My way, Son of a Beast, Where the Helles Burrswood)
- Otherside Brewing Company Catharina Sour
The team is always developing their palate through new wines, beers and spirits as well as trips to different wine regions around the world! We’re constantly keeping our blog up to date with this information so have a look and read our reviews and let us know what you think!
To stay up to date with all the testing news, sign up to join Swanny Cellars Wine Club, just click on the ‘Subscribe’ button to the right.
We’re also on Instagram and Facebook, so check us out there if you don’t want to sign up to our newsletter!
We’d love to hear from you, let us know what you think of what we’re sharing on social media and in the newsletter!