Just arrived this week (8th April), some tasty Italian Nebbiolos and limited Italian craft beers!
Nebbiolo is known for its high tannins and perfumed aromas. Found in the Piedmont region in Italy, Barolo , Barberesco and Langhe Nebbiolo are made from Nebbiolo and produce some stunning wines. Just landed are:
-Barbaresco Sori’ Paitin 2015
-Atillio Ghisolfi 2014 Barolo Bussia DOCG
-Collosorbo Brunello Di Montalcino 2013
-Collosorbo Rosso di Montalcino 2016
Plus we now have in-store barrel aged barley wine beers by a brewery called Birra Baladin (Baladin Brewing). There are 3 different beers and we only have 2 of each. Get in quick before they sell out!
-Xyauyù Kentucky (Barrel aged with tobacco)
-Xyauyù Fumè (Aged in whisky barrels)
-Xyauyù Barrel (Aged in rum Barrels)
Baladin Brewing started started 33 years ago when Le Baladin pub opened in Piozzo in the region of Piedmont, north west of Italy not far from the French and Swiss borders.
Baladin Brewing became a brew pub 10 years later where the beer was produced and sold on site. Over its history, the company has produced a wide range of award wining beers which have received international recognition. In 2008, Baladin was awarded the title of Brewery of the Year by Unionbirrai.
In March 2016, the brewery received 5 awards across 4 categories including:
- First place for Xyauyù Kentucky for “High fermentation, high ABV of Anglo American inspiration (Barley wine)”
- First place for Xyauyù Barrel for “Aged in wood, high and low fermentation”
- Third place for Xyauyù Fumè for “Smoked, high and low fermentation”
New Mayer wines – just landed 22nd March! Tiny quantities available!
“Timo Mayer is a bloody legend,” says Steve. From their 2.4 hectare vineyard, Rhonda and Timo focus on hand crafted, and single vineyard wines. There is minimal intervention in creating these wines which are all unfined and unfiltered as they believe wines are made in the vineyard. Drop in or order today!
- Mayer Bloody Hill Pinot Noir 2018 – just arrived in tiny quantities (22nd March)
- Dr Mayer Pinot Noir 2018 – just arrived in tiny quantities (22nd March)
- Mayer Pinot Noir 2018 – just arrived in tiny quantities (22nd March)
JUST LANDED (26th March): South African wines from wine regions: Stellenbosch, Wellington and Franschhoek. Pinotage; a cross between Cinsault and Pinot Noir is the only indigenous South African variety. Drop in and talk to us about this variety and the Pinots from Haute Cabrière.
- Beyerskloof Pinotage 2017
- Beyerskloof Pinotage Reserve 2016
- Beyerskloof Field Blend 2014
- Diemersfontein Pinotage 2017 from Wellington
- Haute Cabrière Pinot Noir Unwooded 2018 from Franschhoek Pass
- Haute Cabrière Pinot Noir Réserve 2015 from Franschhoek