On the Vine Spring 2020
“….We have reviewed over 200 wines to bring you this selection of 20.
They are chosen on their quality, not on their label and price, which are revealed to us only after comments are made and tasting results submitted. You would be surprised at some of the wines we reject.
Remember, a great wine does not need to have a well-known label and be costly; a poor wine is always too expensive.”
Cheers Rod Properjohn.
For spring, the Panel’s top 20 wines come from across South Australia, Victoria, WA, Tasmania and overseas from New Zealand, France and Spain.
Specials end 30/11/20.
While stocks last. Images for illustration purposes only.
On The Hops Vol. 9
The latest issue of Liquor Barons Craft Beer Guide is now out in stores (1st August).
The top 6 beers are:
- Garage Project Golden Path Session IPA (4.0% abv) 330mL
- Otherside Brewing Co. Headliner IIPA (8.0% abv) 375mL
- Margaret River Brewhouse Stout (5.8% abv) 375mL
- Nowhereman Brewing Co. Leederville Lager (4.2% abv) 375mL
- Stomping Ground Brewing Co. Hop Stomper IPA (6.0% abv) 355mL
- Prancing Pony Brewery Cascadian Black Ale 6.0% abv) 375mL
Find out more about the beers in the latest issue of On The Hops on the Liquor Barons site here.
Please note: On the Hops – Vol. 8 specials end 30 September 2020.
While stocks last. Pictures for Illustration purposes only.
Prices may vary in country areas. Some products available only at selected stores.
New wines & beers have landed at Swanny Cellars (since 21st September)
- Garage Project Easy As Hazy IPA – brand new to Swanny & limited quantities
- Garage Project Pernicious Yuzu Weed – brand new to Swanny & limited quantities
- Garagiste Merricks Chardonnay 2018 (Mornington Peninsula)
- Garagiste Merricks Pinot Noir 2018 (Mornington Peninsula)
- Bonhomie Cabernet Malbec 2016
- La Violetta Up! Shiraz
- La Violetta Nova Syrová
- La Violetta Yé-Yé BLANC
- La Violetta Bilingüe
- Bindi Quartz Chardonnay 2019
- Bindi Block 5 Pinot Noir 2019
- Bindi Kaye Pinot Noir 2016
- Bindi Dixon Pinot Noir 2019
- Bindi Original Vineyard Pinot Noir 2019
You’ll find Bindi 50 kilometres north-west of Melbourne in the Macedon Ranges. It is the family property of the Dhillon family who bought the 170 hectare farm in the 1950’s. Bindi was established in 1988 by Bill and Michael Dhillon with Chardonnay and Pinot Noir planted on 7 hectares. Bindi wines have consistently impressed wine writers world-wide as well as us at Swanny Cellars. Michael Dhillon is the winemaker producing these exceptional Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs.