Just landed at Swanny Cellars (7th August) are four wines from Rioja based winery Campo Viejo.
- Campo Viejo Cava
- Campo Viejo Rioja Tempranillo 2016
- Campo Viejo Rioja Reserva 2014
- Campo Viejo Rioja Gran Reserva 2012
Campo Viejo, located in the Rioja region, in the north east of Spain was founded in 1959 and the newly built winery opened in 2001.
There are four different types of red Rioja; all made from predominantly Tempranillo:
-Rioja: with little or no oak and 1 – 2 years of age in bottle
-Crianza: 1 year aging in oak and 1 in bottle
-Reserva: 1 year aging in oak and 2 in bottle
-Gran Reserva: 2 years aging in oak and 3 in bottle
For good info graphics and information about Rioja and its different wine regions, check out Wine Folly at winefolly.com/review/rioja-wine-from-crianza-to-gran-reserva
- Paul Nelson Gamay
- Paul Nelson Fumé-Blanc
- Paul Nelson Cabernet
- Paul Nelson Chardonnay
Just arrived this week (25th July)
The team is always on the hunt for new releases, small and interesting parcels. New Japanese whiskies in store are:
- The Yamazaki 12 Year Old Single Malt
- Hibiki Suntory Whisky
- Kurayoshi Pure Malt Whisky
- Suntory Whisky Toki
- Chita Suntory Whisky
Stef and Steve have just ordered new releases and vintages of highly sought after wines from Rioja. Stef adds, “These wines have a complexity and line of acid and layers of flavours. There are earthy and cherry notes with lots going on, these wines are built to last.”
- New release of Viña Tondonia
- New vintage of Muga Reserva
- A range of wines from Luis Cañas
And the team was able to buy a limited parcel of “one of the most prestigious and internationally recognised wineries in Andalusia” as quoted on the winery’s website.
- Bodegas Alvear Pedro Ximenez Solera 1910
Limited quantities – ask Stef and Steve when they will be in the store!
Drop in and order before they sell out.
New Beers just arrived 24th – 30th July
Sam has been busy stocking on some great favourites and new releases of craft beers:
- Dainton Flat White NEIPA
- Dainton Raspberry Porter
- Bright Tank Brewing Co Stoned Fruit Brut IPA (This is a Sour Fruit Brut IPA)
- Bright Tank Brewing Co Troppo Season (IPA – Imperial / Double New England)
- Nail Brewing Red Carpet (Imperial Red Ale)