Champagne Besserat de Bellefon “Cuvée des Moines”
Just arrived (15th May) at Swanny Cellars is limited stock of Champagne Besserat de Bellefon “Cuvée des Moines”.
This Champagne House in Aÿ was set up by Edmond Besserat in 1843.
The story of Cuvée des Moines (Cuvee of the Monks) began in 1930. The owner of iconic Parisian restaurant (La Samaritaine de Luxe) challenged the House to supply a Champagne style to drink during a meal.
For this reason, it was made in the ‘crémant’ style to a lower pressure with a lower dosage (less sugar added to the liqueur de tirage). The result being a creamy style, a lower pressure (4.5 atmospheres vs 6 in most other champagnes) and a softer mousse.
Just arrived this week (14th June), a range of new and limited release craft beers!
Sam, our beer buyer, has been busy sourcing the latest releases and newest craft beers on the market. Some are brand new and others are making a welcome return to our shelves!
- Dank Side of the Moon by Rocky Ridge Brewing Co. – brand new to Swanny
- Rocky Ridge Holy S**t it’s a Mid! – Kiwi Edition – back in stock
- Boatrocker Miss Pinky (in cans) – back in stock
- Boatrocker Pilsner – brand new to Swanny
- Fixation Squish Citrus IPA- back in stock
- ParrotDog XPA – new to Swanny
- ParrotDog Hazy IPA (Limited Release) – new to Swanny
- Feral Imperial Biggie (Limited Edition) – brand new
- Atomic IIPA (Limited Release) – new to Swanny
- Cheeky Monkey Brewing’s Long Mac Topped Up Stout (Limited) – Liquor Barons Exclusive
Drop in and order before they sell out.
Liquor Barons Craft Beer Guide Issue 2 (May to June 2019)
“The Liquor Barons Beer Panel rides again, presenting six more stand-out picks from hours of ‘rigorous’ blind-tasting! We were mindful of the changing seasons and the added appeal of darker, more malt-forward options, but these are the brews that really hit the mark; in terms of being exceptional representatives of style and, essentially, just really great drinking. NEIPA’s may continue to be ‘beer of the moment’, but we’d encourage you to head off the beaten beer-track, starting with the On The Hops six-pack!”
- Garage Project DFA IPA (7.5% abv)
- Bad Shepherd Hazelnut Brown Ale (5.9% abv)
- Green Beacon 3 Bolt Pale Ale (4.5% abv)
- Little Creatures XPA (4.9% abv)
- New Belgium Fat Tire Belgian White (5.2% abv)
- Nail Red Ale (6% abv)
Cheers & Good Beers,
Independent Beer Writer
*Specials in On the Hops end 30 June