The story of Vasse Felix, located in the Wilyabrup sub-region of Margaret River started in 1966 after Tom Cullity reads a report written in local Margaret River newspaper by Dr John Gladstones stating that the Margaret River cape has similar climatic conditions to Bordeaux.
Dr Tom Cullity had actually been exploring the area since 1965, trialling planting vines site before 1965. The following year, Dr Tom Cullity had found the site he’d been looking for and planted the first vineyard in 1967. How different life was back then! At that time, it was just Tom Cullity of Vasse Felix, The Pannells from Moss Wood and Kevin Cullen from Cullen in the region.
At Vasse Felix, first planted was Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Malbec and Riesling. The 1971 vintage didn’t go as planned, the harvest being a ‘disaster’ but 1972 was much better with the first red wine made and the 1972 Riesling winning a gold medal at the Perth Show.
Drop into store to check out our range of Vasse Felix wines, offers and pick up the magazine!
- Vasse Felix Classic Dry Red or White, 2 for $30
- Vasse Felix Sauvignon Blanc Semillon, $19.99 each
- Vasse Felix Filius Cabernet or Chardonnay, 2 for $40
- Vasse Felix Tom Cullity Cabernet Sauvignon Malbec, $174.99 (selected stores)
- Vasse Felix Premier Chardonnay, $29.99 (selected stores)
- Vasse Felix Premier Cabernet Sauvignon, $36.99 (selected stores)
- Vasse Felix Heytesbury Chardonnay, $79.99 (selected stores)