On The Vine
On the Vine is the Fine Wine Guide compiled by the Panel who blind taste and assess wines methodically. Each quarter the Panel recommend their top wines in the Fine Wine Guide. The Spring edition is now out (1st September). Click on the images to view the current issue and our past 3 editions including our top reds, whites and rosés in our latest issue! Cheers!
The new Spring issue of the Liquor Barons Fine Wine Guide is now out in store.
In this issue, Rod Properjohn, who writes the tasting notes for the magazine explains how they judge the wines using the
traditional Australian 20-point wine judging system as well as ensuring the bottles are always masked with no labels or prices visible. Click to read more here.
The top 21 wines for Spring are:
- Howard Vineyard 2021 Sauvignon Blanc Adelaide Hills
- Wairau River 2020 Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (NZ)
- Grace Farm 2020 Sauvignon Blanc Semillon Margaret River
- Rieslingfreak 2021 No 3 Reverence of Riesling Clare Valley
- Gala 2020 Riesling East Coast Tasmania
- The Dagger 2021 Pinot Grigio Victoria
- Fraser Gallop Estate 2021 Chardonnay Wilyabrup Margaret River
- Timo 2019 Vermentino Salento/IGP Italy
- Domaine Naturaliste 2020 Floris Chardonnay Margaret River
- Sittella 2021 Avante-Garde Dry Rosé Swan Valley
- Aix 2020 Vin de Provence Rosé Provence, France
- Coulter Wines 2020 C3 Pinot Noir Adelaide Hills
- Dalrymple 2020 Pinot Noir Pipers River Tasmania
- Langmeil 2019 Three Gardens GSM Barossa
- Sons of Eden 2018 Zephyrus Shiraz Barossa
- Henschke 2020 Henry’s Seven Barossa
- S C Pannell 2018 Dead End Tempranillo McLaren Vale
- Majella 2019 The Composer Cabernet Sauvignon Coonawarra
- Yalumba 2018 The Cigar Cabernet Sauvignon Coonawarra
- Forest Hill Vineyard 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Mount Barker
- Altus/Rise 2019 Wildlight Shiraz Margaret River
Click on the image or here to download the catalogue.
Photos taken by Richard Jefferson & compiled by Loaded Communications
This offer is available until 30th November 2021 or until stocks run out.
Images for illustration purposes only.
On the Vine Winter Edition has just arrived in stores (1st June).
The Liquor Barons Panel has hand selected their top 20 wines after blind tasting, judging and assessing wines from across the world:
- Mesh 2020 Riesling (Eden Valley)
- Tin Shed 2020 Wild Bunch Riesling (Eden Valley)
- Pauly 2019 Generations Riesling (Mosel Deu)
- Catalina Sounds 2020 Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough NZ)
- Marri Wood Park 2018 Sauvignon Blanc Semillon (Margaret River)
- Ferngrove 2019 Diamond Chardonnay (Great Southern)
- Dukes 2020 Single Vineyard Rosé (Porongurup)
- Antonio 2020 Pinot Grigio Delle Venezie DOC (Italy)
- Leeuwin Estate 2019 Prelude Vineyards Chardonnay (Margaret River)
- Handpicked 2019 Regional Selections Pinot Noir (Mornington Peninsula)
- Coates 2020 The Pinot Noir (Adelaide Hills)
- Apostrophe 2019 Possessive Red’s (Great Southern)
- Poggio Anima 2019 Belial Sangiovese (Toscana Italy)
- Mandoon Estate 2018 Surveyors Red (WA)
- Langmeil 2019 Rough Diamond Grenache (Barossa)
- Poacher’s Ridge 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon (Great Southern)
- Langmeil 2018 Valley Floor Shiraz (Barossa)
- Longview 2019 Devil’s Elbow Cabernet Sauvignon (Adelaide Hills)
- Gipsie Jack 2018 Shiraz (Langhorne Creek)
- Schwarz Wine Co. 2019 -The Grower – Shiraz (Barossa Valley)
Photos taken by Richard Jefferson & compiled by Loaded Communications. On the Vine Winter Edition specials end 31 August 2021.
The Autumn Edition of On the Vine is now out at Swanny Cellars.
The expert panel members have hand selected their top 21 wines from Australia, France, Spain, Italy and New Zealand.
- Jim Barry 2020 McKay’s Riesling (Clare Valley)
- Forester 2020 Sauvignon Blanc (Margaret River)
- Irvine Spring Hill 2020 Riesling (Eden Valley)
- Picardy 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Semillon (Pemberton)
- Clairault Estate 2018 Chardonnay (Margaret River)
- First Drop Endless Summer 2020 Pinot Grigio (Adelaide Hills)
- Rameau d’Or 2019 Rosé Côtes de Provence (France)
- Woodlands 2020 Brook Vineyard Chardonnay (Margaret River)
- Taglia 2019 Pinot Grigio Friuli Grave (Italy)
- Mazza 2020 Tempranillo Rosé (Geographe)
- Rochford Latitude 2020 Pinot Noir (Yarra Valley)
- Paringa Estate 2019 Pinot Noir (Mornington Peninsula)
- Wallace by Ben Glaetzer 2018 Shiraz Grenache (Barossa Valley)
- Left Field 2019 Malbec Hawkes Bay (NZ)
- El Gringo 2018 Dark Red Tempranillo (Spain)
- Sittella 2018 Reserve Cabernet Malbec (Margaret River)
- Leeuwin Estate 2017 Prelude Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (Margaret River)
- Mandoon Estate 2018 Old Vine Shiraz (WA)
- Brash 2018 Single Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Margaret River)
- Wirra Wirra 2018 Catapult Shiraz (McLaren Vale)
- Picardy 2016 Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc (Pemberton)
Please Note: Specials end 31 May 2021.
While stocks last. Pictures for Illustration purposes only.
Some products available only at selected stores.
On the Vine Summer 2020 is now at Swanny Cellars.
The Panel blind tastes, assess and judge up to 35 wines every two weeks and from this they have picked their top 21 for you to enjoy over the festive season & warmer months.
Leeuwin Estate 2019 Art Series Sauvignon Blanc (Margaret River)
Greywacke 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (NZ)
Clairault 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Semillon (Margaret River)
Jim Barry 2020 Riesling (Watervale)
Soumah 2020 Pinot Grigio (Yarra Valley)
Pierro 2020 Blanc de Blanc (Margaret River)
Marq 2019 Fiano (Margaret River)
Fire Gully 2019 Chardonnay (Margaret River)
Forest Hill 2019 Highbury Fields Chardonnay (Great Southern)
Turkey Flat Vineyards 2020 Rosé (Barossa Valley)
Ministry of Clouds 2020 Rosé (McLaren Vale)
Holm Oak 2020 The Protégé Pinot Noir (Tasmania)
Coldstream Hills 2019 Pinot Noir (Yarra Valley)
Three Dark Horses 2019 Grenache (McLaren Vale)
Howard Park 2016 Scotsdale Cabernet Sauvignon (Great Southern)
Hay Shed Hill 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon (Margaret River)
Domaine Naturaliste 2018 Discovery Cabernet Sauvignon (Margaret River)
Leeuwin Estate 2017 Art Series Shiraz (Margaret River)
Blood & Courage 2018 Shiraz (Barossa Valley)
Kilikanoon 2018 Killerman’s Run Shiraz (Clare Valley)
Babo 2017 Nero d’Avola Sicilia (It)
If you’re short on time, order these wines online through Mimu for click & collect or delivery.