On The Vine
“ON THE VINE” Sparkling Edition is now out (1st November 2019)! Click on the images to view our past 3 editions including our top reds, whites and rosés in our latest issue! Cheers!
On the Vine Sparkling has just arrived in stores (1st November).
Having blind tasted, judged and assessed Sparkling wines and Champagne from around the world, the Liquor Barons Panel has hand selected their top 12 wines from Champagne, the Prosecco region near Venice in Italy and cool climates in Australia which include:
- Yarra Burn Prosecco
- Babo Prosecco DOC from Italy
- Brown Brothers Pinot Chardonnay Pinot Noir
- Brown Brothers Sparkling Brut Rosé
- Hentley Farm 2018 Blanc de Noir Barossa
- Nocton NV Sparkling Tasmania
- Howard Park Brut NV Petit Jeté
- Laurent-Perrier La Cuvée Brut Champagne
- Pol Roger Brut Réserve Champagne
- Lallier R.015 Brut Champagne
- Laurent-Perrier Millésimé Vintage 2008 Brut Champagne
- Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve Champagne
On the Vine Sparkling Edition specials end 31 January 2020.
The Spring edition of On the Vine has just landed in the store (1 Sept).
The top 23 wines featured in the magazine, judged and handpicked by the Panel members come from a number of countries around the world.
These include wines from:
- A number of regions in Australia (Ferguson Valley, Frankland River, Margaret River, Great Southern, Clare Valley, Barossa Valley, Finniss River, Yarra Valley, Heathcote)
- Provence in France, South of France
- Venezie in Italy
- Martinborough & Marlborough in New Zealand
On the Vine Winter 2019 is now at Swanny Cellars.
With the Panel tasting up to 35 wines every two weeks, they have picked their top 24 for you to enjoy over the cooler months. These include:
- Local wines from Margaret River, Geographe, Frankland River, Great Southern, Pemberton
- Other key wine regions in Australia; Clare Valley, Riverland, Adelaide Hills, McLaren Vale, Barossa Valley in South Australia as well as Heathcote & Mornington Peninsula in Victoria and Coal River Valley in Tasmania
- And abroad, from Central Otago and Marlborough in New Zealand, Mosel in Germany, Provence & Bordeaux in France as well as Puglia & Tuscany in Italy
It’s the 1st March already! The 2019 Autumn issue of On the Vine is in the stores and online now!
Rod Properjohn, who writes the tasting notes for the magazine says, “….The tastings we had were stimulating with the usual suspects popping up and some new wines absolutely shining.
While we still have warm weather, we advise you to keep chilling your red wines, 14-17 degrees is the ideal temperature range and the enjoyment factor will be increased dramatically. Be quick to buy the wines listed, they won’t last at the prices. Cheers.”
The top 25 wines featured are from
WA: Margaret River, Frankland River, Great Southern, Porongurup and Geographe South Australia: Adelaide Hills, Clare Valley, Barossa Valley and McLaren Vale
Victoria: Mornington Peninsula and King Valley Riverland
New Zealand: Gladstone and Marlborough
Click on the image or here to download the catalogue!