On The Vine
On the Vine is the Fine Wine Guide compiled by the Panel who blind taste and assess wines methodically. Each quarter the Panel recommend their top wines in the Fine Wine Guide. The Spring edition is now out (1st September 2020). Click on the images to view the current issue and our past 3 editions including our top reds, whites and rosés in our latest issue! Cheers!
On the Vine Spring Edition has just arrived in stores (1st September).
Having blind tasted, judged and assessed wines from across the world over the past 3 months, the Liquor Barons Panel has hand selected their top 20 wines for you to enjoy over Spring:
- Langmeil 2018 Blacksmith Cabernet Sauvignon (Barossa)
- Rieslingfreak 2019 No 4 Riesling (Eden Valley)
- Risky Business 2019 Pinot Grigio (King Valley)
- Clare Wine Co 2019 Riesling Watervale (Clare Valley)
- Flametree 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Semillon (Margaret River)
- Streicker 2017 Ironstone Block Old Vine Chardonnay (Margaret River)
- Flowstone 2019 Moonmilk White (Margaret River)
- Cherubino 2019 Laissez Faire Chardonnay (Porongurup)
- Vidal 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (NZ)
- Bremerton 2017 Bâtonnage Shiraz/Malbec (Langhorne Creek)
- Aix 2019 Rosé Vin de Provence (France)
- Lenton Brae 2018 Cabernet Merlot (Margaret River)
- Devil’s Corner 2018 Resolution Pinot Noir (Tasmania)
- Jim Barry 2017 Lodge Hill Shiraz (Clare Valley)
- Greenstone 2018 Gusto Shiraz (Heathcote)
- Poacher’s Ridge 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (Great Southern)
- Kaesler 2016 Stonehorse GSM (Barossa Valley)
- Warramate 2019 Pinot Noir (Yarra Valley)
- Robert Oatley 2018 GSM (McLaren Vale)
- Laya 2018 Garnacha Monastrell D.O. Almansa (Spain)
Photos taken by Richard Jefferson. On the Vine Spring Edition specials end 30 November 2020.
The Winter Edition of On the Vine has just landed in the store (1 June). The expert panel members have hand selected their top 20 for Winter 2020.
- Juniper, Margaret River Small Batch Fiano 2019
- Bleasdale, Adelaide Hills Pinot Gris 2019
- Mesh, Eden Valley Riesling 2019
- Vasse Felix, Margaret River Sauvignon Blanc Semillon 2018
- Triennes Rosé 2018 (France)
- Castelli, Pemberton Chardonnay 2018
- Domaine du Cleray, Sauvignon 2019 (France)
- Paul Conti, Margaret River Chardonnay 2019
- Wairau River, Marlborough Pinot Gris 2019 (NZ)
Greenstone Estate, Heathcote Shiraz 2016
- Flowstone, Margaret River Moonmilk Shiraz Grenache 2018
- Majella ‘The Musician’, Coonawarra Cabernet Shiraz 2016
- Dalrymple, Pipers River Tasmania Pinot Noir 2018
- The Yard, Frankland River Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
- Chalk Hill, McLaren Vale Tempranillo Grenache 2019
- Château Bel Air de l’Orme Bordeaux Supérieur 2016 (France)
- Henschke Henry’s Seven, Barossa Shiraz Blend 2017 (Vegan)
- Il Palazzo Chianti 2017 (Italy)
- Mt Trio, Porongurup Syrah 2018
- Warramate, Yarra Valley Syrah 2016
Please Note: On the Vine Winter Edition specials end 31 August 2020.
While stocks last. Pictures for Illustration purposes only.
Prices may vary in country areas. Some products available only at selected stores.
On the Vine Autumn 2020 is now at Swanny Cellars.
With the Panel tasting up to 35 wines every two weeks, they have picked their top 20 for you to enjoy over the cooler months.
Hamelin Bay 2019 Five Ashes Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc
Clare Wine Co 2019 Watervale Clare Valley Riesling
Frankland Estate 2019 Riesling
Grace Farm 2019 Margaret River Sauvignon Blanc Semillon
Marq 2018 Wild and Worked Sauvignon Blanc Semillon
Ad Hoc 2019 Nitty Gritty Pinot Grigio
Clonale 2018 Mornington Peninsula Chardonnay
Flametree 2019 Margaret River Pinot Rosé
Famille Perrin 2018 Côtes du Rhône Réserve Rosé (Fr)
Massale 2018 Mornington Peninsula Pinot Noir
Nautilus 2016 Southern Valleys Marlborough Pinot Noir (NZ)
Leeuwin Estate 2016 Prelude Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
Yalumba 2016 The Cigar Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon
Ringbolt 2018 Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon
Forest Hill Vineyard 2017 Highbury Fields Cabernet Sauvignon
Angove 2017 McLaren Vale Family Crest Shiraz
Yalumba 2017 Paradox Barossa Valley Shiraz
Sons of Eden 2017 Zephyrus Barossa Shiraz
Pirathon Blue 2017 Barossa Valley Shiraz
The Summer Edition of On the Vine is now out in store.
Rod Properjohn, who writes the tasting notes for the magazine says, “…….We’ve sorted you with a great selection of bubbles in our recently released On the Vine Sparkling Edition, now it’s the table wines’ turn. And what a package we have for you. There are some great whites including two sensational rieslings and an older chardonnay that is drinking just beautifully. A couple of rosé wines will excite you and there is an eclectic range of reds to choose from. Remember to chill the reds down a little over summer, 15-17 degrees is ideal. Drink safely and have a very Merry Christmas.
The top 20 wines featured are from Yarra Valley, King Valley, Clare Valley, Mt Barker, Margaret River, Geographe, Limestone Coast, Mornington Peninsula, McLaren Vale, Eden Valley, Martinborough in New Zealand, Provence in France and from Puglia & Verona in Italy.
Click on the image or here to download the catalogue!