On The Vine
On the Vine is the Fine Wine Guide compiled by the Panel who blind taste and assess wines methodically. Each quarter the Panel recommend their top wines in the Fine Wine Guide. The Autumn edition is now out (1st March). Click on the images to view the current issue and our past 3 editions including our top sparklings, champagnes, reds, whites and rosés in our latest issue! Cheers!
The Autumn Edition of On the Vine is now out at Swanny Cellars.
The expert panel members have hand selected their top 21 wines from Australia, France, Spain, Italy and New Zealand.
- Jim Barry 2020 McKay’s Riesling (Clare Valley)
- Forester 2020 Sauvignon Blanc (Margaret River)
- Irvine Spring Hill 2020 Riesling (Eden Valley)
- Picardy 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Semillon (Pemberton)
- Clairault Estate 2018 Chardonnay (Margaret River)
- First Drop Endless Summer 2020 Pinot Grigio (Adelaide Hills)
- Rameau d’Or 2019 Rosé Côtes de Provence (France)
- Woodlands 2020 Brook Vineyard Chardonnay (Margaret River)
- Taglia 2019 Pinot Grigio Friuli Grave (Italy)
- Mazza 2020 Tempranillo Rosé (Geographe)
- Rochford Latitude 2020 Pinot Noir (Yarra Valley)
- Paringa Estate 2019 Pinot Noir (Mornington Peninsula)
- Wallace by Ben Glaetzer 2018 Shiraz Grenache (Barossa Valley)
- Left Field 2019 Malbec Hawkes Bay (NZ)
- El Gringo 2018 Dark Red Tempranillo (Spain)
- Sittella 2018 Reserve Cabernet Malbec (Margaret River)
- Leeuwin Estate 2017 Prelude Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (Margaret River)
- Mandoon Estate 2018 Old Vine Shiraz (WA)
- Brash 2018 Single Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Margaret River)
- Wirra Wirra 2018 Catapult Shiraz (McLaren Vale)
- Picardy 2016 Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc (Pemberton)
Please Note: Specials end 31 May 2021.
While stocks last. Pictures for Illustration purposes only.
Some products available only at selected stores.
On the Vine Summer 2020 is now at Swanny Cellars.
The Panel blind tastes, assess and judge up to 35 wines every two weeks and from this they have picked their top 21 for you to enjoy over the festive season & warmer months.
Leeuwin Estate 2019 Art Series Sauvignon Blanc (Margaret River)
Greywacke 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (NZ)
Clairault 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Semillon (Margaret River)
Jim Barry 2020 Riesling (Watervale)
Soumah 2020 Pinot Grigio (Yarra Valley)
Pierro 2020 Blanc de Blanc (Margaret River)
Marq 2019 Fiano (Margaret River)
Fire Gully 2019 Chardonnay (Margaret River)
Forest Hill 2019 Highbury Fields Chardonnay (Great Southern)
Turkey Flat Vineyards 2020 Rosé (Barossa Valley)
Ministry of Clouds 2020 Rosé (McLaren Vale)
Holm Oak 2020 The Protégé Pinot Noir (Tasmania)
Coldstream Hills 2019 Pinot Noir (Yarra Valley)
Three Dark Horses 2019 Grenache (McLaren Vale)
Howard Park 2016 Scotsdale Cabernet Sauvignon (Great Southern)
Hay Shed Hill 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon (Margaret River)
Domaine Naturaliste 2018 Discovery Cabernet Sauvignon (Margaret River)
Leeuwin Estate 2017 Art Series Shiraz (Margaret River)
Blood & Courage 2018 Shiraz (Barossa Valley)
Kilikanoon 2018 Killerman’s Run Shiraz (Clare Valley)
Babo 2017 Nero d’Avola Sicilia (It)
If you’re short on time, order these wines online through Mimu for click & collect or delivery.
The new Sparkling issue, called Fizz is now out in store.
Rod Properjohn, who writes the tasting notes for the magazine says, “….Fizz is so versatile; it’s the ideal aperitif, also a great food wine and is one that may be relished anytime from early morning all the way through to late at night. You are advised however to be a little circumspect and not to do it all on the one day. These are the wines we thoroughly enjoyed out of a large selection sent to our panel for reviewing.”
Here are their top 15:
Babo Brut Prosecco DOC
Borgo San Pietro NV Asolo Prosecco Superiore
Jansz NV Premium Cuvée Tasmania
Jansz NV Premium Rosé Tasmania
Segura Viudas Vintage 2013 Gran Reserva Brut Cava
Louis Bouillot NV Crémant de Bourgogne
Pol Roger NV Brut Réserve Champagne (Fr)
Henri Abelé NV Brut Champagne
Laurent-Perrier NV La Cuvée Brut Champagne
Ayala Vintage 2014 Le Blanc de Blancs Champagne
Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage 2012 Champagne (Fr)
Bleasdale NV Sparkling Shiraz Langhorne Creek
Bollinger NV Rosé
Pol Roger Vintage 2012
Ayala Vintage 2007 Brut No7
This offer is available till 31 January 2021 or until stocks run out.
Images for illustration purposes only.
Click on the image or here to download the catalogue!
On the Vine Spring Edition has just arrived in stores (1st September).
Having blind tasted, judged and assessed wines from across the world over the past 3 months, the Liquor Barons Panel has hand selected their top 20 wines for you to enjoy over Spring:
- Langmeil 2018 Blacksmith Cabernet Sauvignon (Barossa)
- Rieslingfreak 2019 No 4 Riesling (Eden Valley)
- Risky Business 2019 Pinot Grigio (King Valley)
- Clare Wine Co 2019 Riesling Watervale (Clare Valley)
- Flametree 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Semillon (Margaret River)
- Streicker 2017 Ironstone Block Old Vine Chardonnay (Margaret River)
- Flowstone 2019 Moonmilk White (Margaret River)
- Cherubino 2019 Laissez Faire Chardonnay (Porongurup)
- Vidal 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (NZ)
- Bremerton 2017 Bâtonnage Shiraz/Malbec (Langhorne Creek)
- Aix 2019 Rosé Vin de Provence (France)
- Lenton Brae 2018 Cabernet Merlot (Margaret River)
- Devil’s Corner 2018 Resolution Pinot Noir (Tasmania)
- Jim Barry 2017 Lodge Hill Shiraz (Clare Valley)
- Greenstone 2018 Gusto Shiraz (Heathcote)
- Poacher’s Ridge 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (Great Southern)
- Kaesler 2016 Stonehorse GSM (Barossa Valley)
- Warramate 2019 Pinot Noir (Yarra Valley)
- Robert Oatley 2018 GSM (McLaren Vale)
- Laya 2018 Garnacha Monastrell D.O. Almansa (Spain)